Thursday, June 25, 2015

Distractions

A new idea is being explored...


With gentle curves of free-form hourglass blocks there are so many possibilities, it is hard to stop.


I see a new quilt evolving at a very slow pace. I am spending much of my time these days in the back yard.


There are many sweet distractions in the garden I must tend to.



For some reason this corn flower today reminded me of the triangle quilt from the book. I needed to see it and once I got it out, it ended up on the clothesline.


That made me think of start of another quilt.

You know how it is. 

If you give a mouse a cookie......


Distractions can be a good thing.. At least it is for me!

Have a great weekend!




 



 

9 comments:

  1. If you give a mouse a cookie -- Oh, THAT is a fabulous way to describe things in the studio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your quilt blogs and am enjoying them very much! I like the way you think and write about your quilts and your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lila,
      Thank you! I am happy that you found my blog. They have been a place for me to make friends all around the world, I am glad I took that decision over five years ago to share my stories.

      Delete
  3. I love distractions! They usually turn out to be more fun than the original plan anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun being distracted, and enjoy your summery garden days too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think distractions can turn into fabulous quilts. Sometimes better than the ones we plan out so carefully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the look of this new quilt Sujata and your triangle quilt always makes me feel like starting another quilt - but Rail Fence comes first!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new start is looking great in vintage fabrics! I recognize some of them. ; >

    ReplyDelete
  8. distraction leads to creativity! I love seeing quilts on your clothesline

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my posts. I would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!

Enter to Win Bernina 455 QE Kaffe Edition

Hey everyone! It has been a while! I have to share some great news! I have some great giveaway announcement!     Alex and Ricky at TheQuiltS...