Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Textile Tour to India

The day is almost here!

Tomorrow I get on the plane to visit my mom and then off to an adventure of a lifetime with Amy Butler.


Back Story -

I met Amy and David Butler at Houston Fall Market in 2014.
I shared my book and quilts, we talked for a while.
I met up with her again that evening... Few of her pals were also there.


After a picture or two she said, "After meeting you we have been thinking all day of may be traveling to India."

To which I responded, "Seriously? Can I go with you?"

Amy asked, "Really? Would you consider coming with us? We'd love that!"

In my head of course I was saying, "This is not happening.. Someone please pinch me!"

Few days later, when I came home from Houston, I had a note from Amy in my inbox about planning our trip together. I knew she was as sincere to go on this trip as me wanting to visit my mom. 
 
We have spent many months planing for upcoming two weeks in India. Two of us are traveling to Jaipur, Rajasthan and Kutch, Gujarat for an unforgettable experience. We will be exploring the palaces and markets, forts and mud huts, folk artists and museums, meet ralli quilters and embroidery artists, block printers to learn from the best. All to plan out a textile tour for early 2017.

Last year's visit to India is still fresh in my head. I am thrilled to be going home again.

Those of you who have been asking about a possible tour to India, Stay tuned!

Follow us if you will on this colorful journey. I will be posting pictures on this blog, on instagram @therootconnection and on fb www.facebook.com/TheRootConnection

Sujata





27 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I'm sure it will make your upcoming trip even MORE memorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you and cannot wait to follow along...and maybe in 2017....maybe.....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful opportunity for you! Not only getting to meet with David and Amy Butler but to travel with them to your homeland! Oh to be a fly on the wall or a bug in your luggage! I eagerly look forward to your posts and photos! Have a wonderful time visiting your family too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful oppertunity ....travel safe n update with lots if pics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited that this is happening! Really looking forward to see what your eye and your camera find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your trip and your mother! How fun to travel with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exciting times ahead ~ who knows where this experience will lead? Look forward to seeing photos of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sujata, have a great time! I know you are looking forward to see your mom, but travel with like minded friends is best! Count me in for your first textile tour to India. I have been there, but will go back there in a flash! So exciting venture for you both Sujata xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic trip you have ahead of you! (Wish I was going too!!) :D Have a safe and wonderful adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! How awesome, and with Amy Butler no less! What a wonderful adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful opportunity! I can not wait to see your photos and posts... I wish for all of your safe and lovely travelling!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is truly thrilling to watch two favorite artists make this trip together. I can't wait to see what you post here and at IG.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing journey you have ahead of you--enjoy--emphasis on "joy" hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG...That is wonderful. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know this a long awaited dream - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! You must be so excited. I hope everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous photo of you all. How exciting for you. have a wonderful trip and I look forward to following your adventure. Would love to be part of the trip in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  18. C an't wait to see the outcome! Photos, fabrics, quilts, tour. So eciting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Safe travels - and how very, very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omigosh!!! bon voyage!!!! Have fun (of course you will!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sometimes you just hit it off and have an instant rapport and friendship when you meet special people. It makes me so happy to read that! Sujata, I hope you both have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How wonderful and exciting. Enjoy the trip and the company and the visit with your Mom - looking forward to hearing your news when you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful trip you will have! I also wish I were coming along too! Will be looking forward to your photos and comments. Best, June

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sujata, This is such wonderful and exciting news!! You'll be on your travels now, no doubt seeing amazing things and having wonderful times. I can imagine it's extra special because you are looking at things, and visiting places with the knowledge that you'll be sharing them with others with upcoming textlie tours. Enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hurrah! Lucky girl to have such a wonderful trip in the works! I'll keep up via posts, travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks to you, my work is cut down by half as I already have a travel itinerary in front of me.
    However, would love it if you would visit by blog where I share my own thoughts.
    India tour packages

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my posts. I would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!

Enter to Win Bernina 455 QE Kaffe Edition

Hey everyone! It has been a while! I have to share some great news! I have some great giveaway announcement!     Alex and Ricky at TheQuiltS...