Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I am back!

After little over two months!
This has to be the longest blogging break ever! 
I spent last month and a half with my two sisters from Canada and brother and his family who visited from India. All four of us with our families went on a cruise to Alaska! 
11 out of 17 family members managed to take the time off from their work schedule so everyone can be together and enjoy the summer vacation. Ever since we started planning this trip, I knew that it was going to be 'once in a life time' vacation.. And it proved to be nothing short of that!


We enjoyed the most breathtaking views!


 As the sun rose at 4:00 AM and kissed the glacier peaks....


  we watched it turn the Glacier Bay into liquid gold!


We splashed a little of that on ourselves! 


It was so peaceful! 


Although this cruise lasted only for a week, it is something I will remember forever!


My kids added layers of new memories to their relationships.

The Butchart Garden in Victoria B.C. was amazing!


I  got to visit my friends in Seattle. 
Wish there was time to see all my friends.


I could go on and on about this summer but I am not going to.

All I can say that it has been a whirl wind of vacation! 
Trips to Washington D.C., Seattle, Alaska, Toronto, Ottawa and back to Philadelphia.. 

This memorable time with my siblings ended about a week ago! 
I got back into my quilting life by inviting my friends for lunch today. 
It was another fun day.
No sewing, just good food and great company!

I better start a quilt to mark this summer before it ends.
Hope you are having a great summer!
 





23 comments:

  1. What a great looking family and what a terrific trip to take with them all. I took that same cruise with my mom and sister 1 yr before my mom passed away from cancer...it is with such bittersweet feelings I relive the trip. It was everything you said, and yes the views were breathtaking. So glad to see you back blogging as I always enjoy your posts. Can' t wait to see the quilt that comes from the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Alaska for the first time this summer! What a BEAUTIFUL place! Looks like You made some wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what an amazing view....I am so happy for you a summer of memories thats for sure....
    glad your home and sewing again!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are breathtaking and it is wonderful that you have had some time to savor and reflect. Thank you for a lovely day of sharing your delicious food, wonderful quilts (tops!) and friendship. Now let's get quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sujata, happy to "hear" you again!!
    Thank you for sharing such a beautiful images!!
    You look happy and full of energy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back Sujata! Looks like you and your beautiful family had a wonderful experience! Love your prose - sun kissed glacier peaks - one of your special gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos. You have had quite a busy summer! It was SO great to see you. I'll look forward to seeing how this summer has inspired your next quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are back, and also that you all had such a great summer. Thanks for the wonderful pictures. Time to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello!
    what beautiful family photos! Everyone looks so happy and relaxed. I'm so glad to hear you had such a fabulous summer - now back to sewing. Glad you had a chance to catch up with your quilty friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lunch was so yummy, thank you again. I bought some Indian chili powder yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful vacation! Thanks for sharing the photos with us. You have a wonderful family-they all look happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have missed you so much and I am amazed at your fun and the memories will be CELEBRATED!! Thank you forsharing glimpses of your travels and family. Love, Em

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was wondering where you had to got. What a wonderful holiday. Thanks for sharing those gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful family, gorgeous scenery, and, even more important, wonderful memories!! Now it's time to batten down the hatches. I hope we have power so we can sew while it storms!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful to have this time with your family. My parents took the Alaskan cruise last summer and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that cruise is definitely on my list.
    Look how beautiful!

    thanks for sharing your great pictures :0)
    I hope to see LeeAnn in Nov. :0).

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome back, my friend! Missed you lots! I'm glad you had the most beautiful summer wIth family and enjoyed yourself thoroughly! Your pictures are stunning!
    Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fabulous that you got to share it with so many family members. The views are truly magestic, your photos reflect that.
    It's good to have you back, enjoy the sewing time.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful family in a beautiful background. Thank you for sharing your pictures. I have missed you, but know that you must have had the best of all summers with your family and travels.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely beautiful and wonderful but oh you do make me miss my family and my beautiful Juneau! The entire inside passage is so lovely and how wonderful to be able to see it and have good weather and great company. Absolutely awesome and such beautiful, beautiful children you have! Hope you are dry, safe and sound from Irene. Do let us know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for sharing those beautiful landscapes with us! What a great way to share a holiday with family. How nice that you got to meet good quilting friends in person. That is so special ; )
    Maybe one day....

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my posts. I would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!

Enter to Win Bernina 455 QE Kaffe Edition

Hey everyone! It has been a while! I have to share some great news! I have some great giveaway announcement!     Alex and Ricky at TheQuiltS...