Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Countdown to Quilter's Affair


I have had good three weeks of cooling period from the whirlwind of traveling and hosting friends and relatives in the month of May. I got so much done during this time but most importantly, I feel well rested and rejuvenated.

This Sunday I will be flying up north to Sisters, Oregon. Just look at the picture above! It is gorgeous little town nestled in picturesque central Oregon. Lucky me, it is only a short and direct flight from San Francisco to Redmond, WA. On a clear day, which normally it is at this time of the year, the vistas are amazing!  Oh I can hardly wait for Sunday.

I will be meeting some of the instructors for the first time and excited to see new friends from last year. The week is packed with all kinds of amazing classes.

Check the class listing here, some incredibly gifted artists are on the instructor's list.
http://quiltersaffair.net/ 

It is also my honor to be invited to present on Thursday night. I am excited to be standing there in front of such talented crowd. Hundreds of quilters will be under one roof and I get to share my story! Just between you and I, a little bit nervous at this point but I have learned to accept that about myself. Keeping my fingers crossed not to dissonant myself and everyone else! :)

The show!
I have to post some pictures of the last year's show while the firefighters were hanging the quilts. It is quite the sight. Have you ever been there 7:00 am when they start hanging the quilts on all four sides of the Stitchin' Post?

https://stitchinpost.com/




It is quite the sight!

You know what else is great about Sisters? The Shop!

These are my favorite memories of last year. You must click on the picture to realize the size of this shop!

Jean Wells making sure everything is just right!


Valori Wells sharing her magic of block Printing.

The Annual Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show draws thousands of people from all over the country and world. You never know who you might run into on the streets of Sisters.

If you go, make sure to visit the teachers Tent. It is where you will see all the instructors' work under one roof.

I still have fond memories of last year's group of quilters in my classroom. Looking forward to seeing some of them again as well as friends arrivng from all over the country!

Did I say, I am excited? If you are going to be there, come say hello!


14 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! I wish I could be there. I do want to go to this event one day. I will keep my fingers crossed for good weather. Enjoy your teaching time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went in 2012, as a side trip while visiting our son in Seattle. Here's my blog post. https://jerristroud.wordpress.com/2012/07/19/despite-rain-sisters-quilt-show-pleases-crowds/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am taking your class with two of my friends. Looking forward to learning new things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LeeAnn, Mary Keasler and I are convening in your Friday class so get ready for some laughing...so glad you are this year's starlet. See you soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you mean Redmond, OR??? I love going to the show~

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a fabulous show! I haven't been there in years, but some day I'm determined to get back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your trip - how I should love to be along there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe it's been a year already. Have a wonderful time, Sujata!

    ReplyDelete
  9. looking forward to seeing you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looking forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow...just wow...have the best time ever...

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO looking forward to seeing you, both in lecture and class!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am taking your class with two of my friends. Looking forward to learning new things!

    **
    โกเด้นสล็อต
    GCLUB มือถือ
    **

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my posts. I would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!

Enter to Win Bernina 455 QE Kaffe Edition

Hey everyone! It has been a while! I have to share some great news! I have some great giveaway announcement!     Alex and Ricky at TheQuiltS...