Monday, July 14, 2014

Mom and a sparrow with long beak

Last month my mom visited here for three weeks. It was such a privilege having her in my home. I think they were the best three weeks of my year so far. I am not sure when I will see her in my home again if at all.. I took lot of pictures to keep a photo journal of her visit.
Sharing some of them with you all today.


We spent some of hour evenings watching the sunsets


We took her to the Longwood Gardens.. She was quite amused.. walked in the rain and distance to see everything she could. That picture of my husband walking with her is my all time favorite!

I asked her what is her favorite color.. I knew but wanted to double check.. This is it!


I tied a cloths line for her in the back yard because she liked doing her own laundry the old fashion way.. I enjoyed watching her as she made her way out there to hang her sari to dry..

and back with dried laundry. 

She did not know I was taking her pictures when she Sun gazed.. A different kind of sun-bathing than any of us know!

She loved walking in the morning Sun.. Noticed few things and made a point of telling me about them.. Like the dew drops..


and the hummingbird who loved going up and down the planter filled with Zinnias.


She called him the sparrow with a long beak! I will forever think of that when I see a hummingbird. I took this picture the day she left for India.

Together we cooked in my kitchen,


and made a quilt! Walked and talked, watched Indian TV programming which I hardly do.


Final edits for my book had arrived while she was with me in my home. I got to read the dedication to her, sitting next to her, in person! It was a special moment, I could hardly hold my tears back as I translated it word by word. Neither could she.


I am going to miss her. We had the best time together!


We gained lot of great memories, and I gained a few pounds!

Her food!!! I get to eat it again next January.. Can't wait for my trip to India! Few more months!





25 comments:

  1. I read every new entry of your blog and enjoy it so much. As a mother of five grown children, two daughters and three sons, it is my hope they will have the same sweet memories of their time with me that you shared today. I got all "weepy" just reading it! Both you and your Mother are truly blessed! Thanks so much for sharing these very special/precious memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post and tribute to your mom. I'm glad you had such a wonderful experience together! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will treasure these memories forever!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing these marvelous photos. Each one in itself is a story. Your mother is a beautiful and elegant woman and I see you favor her very strongly in the face. I love that in the last photo your husband's reflection in the glass door. A very dear friend went home to Mumbai recently. She was so excited to be able to go with her 2 teenage sons for 4 weeks to spend real time with her dad and sister. I have a a much better appreciation of her journey to her family after viewing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovingly wonderful, heartfelt post . . . sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post made me cry-happily, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful photos of your mother. How wonderful for both of you to have these special memories of being together in your home I know your whole family will treasure these memories!. It is clear where you get your beauty from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you had a good long visit with her. And lovely images to help remember. I like the one with three generations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sujata, this is such a beautiful story of your mothers visit. You have written with such love and shared such special photos. I can imagine how delicious the meals you prepared together were.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mothers are beautiful and time spent with them is precious. You will always be glad that you took these beautiful photos. The love you share with you Mom really shines through.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the pictures of moments spent with your lovely mother. What wonderful memories you will have.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post - it is clear that you adore and appreciate your mother. I see where you get your gentle nature, enjoying life and not being in a hurry. Just enjoying, noticing the tiniest beauty in life. Thanks so much for sharing - I hope you get to see your mom again too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful post of your blessed visit with your mother. I loved seeing all the photos of her. She seems like a lady with a lot of quiet grace.
    Beautiful photos of memories you'll treasure forever.
    I'm sure January will be here soon when you'll be reunited.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sujata what a wonderful post! I too like that picture of Nilesh and your mom, so very poetic.
    I am so very happy she got see your book before it was published. What a good memory for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mothers are so special. So is this post, letting us see your beautiful relationship. Your photos tell a loving story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Sujata, your mom sounds like such a wonderful woman. I love her awareness of nature; it is a sign she has an inner peace many (sadly) don't have anymore. Your photos are wonderful and the last one, of you and your mom and daughter, is really neat because of your husband being in the reflection with you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You touched my heart. The photos and memories you made with your Mom are priceless. I can't wait to see the quilt you made together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The photos and new memories are priceless. I am new to your blog but I enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How precious to have such a close relationship with your Mother. Lovely photos, I especially like the one of your Mum being independent and putting her washing on the line. And is your Mother sitting on the floor whilst she is sewing? How many women both young & old could do that?
    PS. just have to say that 3 girlfriends & I went to the Longwood Gardens on our way to Lancaster. The gardens were stunning, a highlight of our trip to the USA from Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fortunate you are to be able to share so much time with your mother. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful memories and heart felt words, what a treasure it is for both of you to enjoy that time together and gather special moments to reminisce later. Thank you for sharing, Sujata!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely post with peaceful memory with your mom. Nice to have something to look forward to - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sujata, this is the most beautiful blog post I have ever read! You are blessed! Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  23. What lovely photos and what a beautiful photos! Love pouring out of every word and image!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my posts. I would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!

Enter to Win Bernina 455 QE Kaffe Edition

Hey everyone! It has been a while! I have to share some great news! I have some great giveaway announcement!     Alex and Ricky at TheQuiltS...