Sunday, May 21, 2023

Back from Two Years of Hiatus


They say you never can go back home. 

I wonder if that is what this is. In my mind, I know that isn't what I am trying to do. Having moved so many times, I have managed to keep the best of the best memories and friends in my heart. having said that, I have certainly let my joy of writing go by the sideways for a while. So, once again, here is an attempt to keep these conversations alive. Two years of absence is a long time. It took me a while to even figure out how to figure out starting a new post. 

There have been tons of ups and downs just like everyone else here and around me have gone through. I welcome them all when I am in the right state of mind. The only thing I have managed to to is continue to stitch, teach and live, which I am thankful for.  

Post cancer life has been a slow recovery. Continue to live with all the possible normalcy has been a challenge but at the same time, if I didn't do that, I would be writing here a very sad story. I rather share the quilting journey as I have done before. 

More importantly, I have come to realize that keeping the journal of my daily, weekly life as an artist is more important here than anywhere else. Slow stitching has become a daily practice, a way of my life. I start other pieced quilts but halfway loose interest and return to stitching. There is something so meditative about this process, it provides me the fuel I need to go through the days.

Here are some of the pictures of past few months in next few posts. Hope it springs me back to designing and making quilts. 

 
A visit to an art exhibit in Mumbai, India  


Things I find inspiring me, stop me on my walks, may show up in future works.

 

 
Excitement of early spring 2023


Meeting my best friends during a small and intimate college reunion.


 
What's on the design wall for quite some time but not moving me from this point. 


Our family has grown! This is us now! Our younger son got married last summer to his partner of five years. Older son and his wife welcomed another son. My husband and I can't keep away from Seattle.     Family is one thing that keeps me happy at any given time, makes me laugh, gives me strength to go through whatever life brings. 

Sujata

12 comments:

  1. glad to see posts whenever they appear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am looking forward to continuing the conversations.

      Delete
  2. Oh welcome back--so great to see a post from you;))) and hear that you are doing well...I have been on a little hiatus myself and just have gotten enough energy back to sew once again...I am taking it slow and easy... hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow and easy sounds just about right. I am so happy to see that you are back to sewing again. Thank you for taking the time!

      Delete
  3. So thrilled to read your words again! We have all been through a lot. I keep quilting, but I have been unable to paint, don't get it. Your family is lovely and you are healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linda! I had a hard time initially even looking at fabrics. It was a slow come back but it did happen. Hope you get to paint again soon. Family is what keeps us all going, isn't that the truth? XO

      Delete
  4. Welcome back to sharing your quilting life - and much more! It is so good to know that you are fine, and your family.
    You will certainly find a way to make your top more exciting, it has already some good vibes!
    Hugs from France, Katell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katell! It is good to be back in this space. I remember my last attempt was not as successful. Let's see how I do this time around. It seems like a lifetime has gone by. Lovely to see you here my friend! XO

      Delete
  5. So glad to see you writing again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back!! I've been away for a while myself and I totally agree with you that one of the major reasons for blogging is to keep a journal for myself. I print out my blog at the end of each year so that someday my children and grandchildren will (hopefully) read my quilt journals and realize how important my creative outlet is for me. I am so happy you are back to it. I love your work and enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How good it is to see you are back Sujata!! We have all missed you.
    Looking forward to seeing your beautiful quilts when you have the time to post, always difficult to keep to a regular schedule - life gets in the way!! Life - your family has definitely grown, a beautiful group photograph, thank you for sharing this with us. Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! You are an inspiration to us all.:)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to read my posts. I would love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!

Enter to Win Bernina 455 QE Kaffe Edition

Hey everyone! It has been a while! I have to share some great news! I have some great giveaway announcement!     Alex and Ricky at TheQuiltS...